Friday, June 15, 2018

11A - Idea Napkin # 1

1) The about me isn't anything fancy, it's a simple way of thinking. Through the process of taking deeper dives into the exploration of entrepreneurship I am able to identify where my ability to tie an idea with a value come from. In this exercise using the napkin technique, I am able to identify how this concept as an idea and a possible future opportunity plays a role in my life. Outside of school and work my natural way of life tends to be busy therefore maximizing time is something I find valuable. I enjoy catching up with family or friends over lunch and dinner given I have spare time. I recognized that an idea sparked in reviewing my bug list assignment evaluating how my time is spent through my current chapter of life. In review of this reflection, this bug connected my thoughts to the convenience of eating out which then begged the question of my thoughts that maybe it isn't always very convenient.This brought me to my experiences a server in the hospitality industry as I tried to identify the problem between my confliction of convenience and wait times when planning to meet with family or friends.

2) My concept offers a time and money solution for the busy customers looking for quick and easy dining without the hassle of waiting and eliminates stress that takes away from the experience.  This is a service concept for customers and restaurants but could also be considered a productivity product in respect to technology.

3) My audience is geared towards community dining customers as well as large and small dining establishments scaling from corporate owned restaurants to mom and pop eateries.

4) This idea behind my solution is one that will be attractive to bottom lines for diners and those who wish to utilize their time going out to eat efficiently. My concept is designed to target app savvy customers looking to eat on the go with options to maximize time vs. money spent on eating out. Have you ever waited forever to get your food and still paid for it? Did you go back?

5) Through my research I have not identified a localized application that encompasses subscription features I've identified. My marketing strategy and business plan will test market competition for projections on metrics for this idea and business concept.


The exercise led me to the thinking about restaurant processes and questions of are servers motivated by money or time values? In times when I have needed to save for certain life events and or when money has been tight I've served at few different restaurants. All of which have their own process for front of the house and back of the house management to sell food and drinks to the best capacity the house can typically handle. The purpose of those jobs I took on typically as second jobs were not to milk a clock or to be lazy but knowing that the tip value I would gain depended mostly on my quality of service, interaction and of course what was purchased. Connecting all of the dots, I realized that wait time could be valuable to both customers and restaurants. The solution is not only one that I find useful not only to my unique needs where I've been the server and the customer, it provides a potential solution to help my community and local business small and large manage time and money.




No comments:

Post a Comment