Tuesday, July 3, 2018

18A- Customer Avatar


"Ultimate Solution for Fast Casual Dining"

Tech Concept: Is a unilateral design reaching both individuals (subscribers) and businesses (hosts) joining as a dual sided marketplace of individuals as the (demand) and restaurant businesses as the (supply). In this assignment, the avatar represents the individual (subscriber). The avatar is a working professional or student not isolated to a specific gender or a particular race with access to smart phone or app store for user subscription localization.

Market: The avatar is most likely to live in a metro or suburb demographic area within a proximity of 10 mile radius to dining establishments. Vision for markets launching the app must be in populated areas with capabilities of reaching both restaurants and individuals throughout cities in the US. 

Local Market: Narrowing down the population for this assignment, the avatar can be pin pointed in the local market of Gainesville, Florida residing within a 10 mile radius of the University of Florida. 

Social Influence: Avatars are active users in the following social media platforms. Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pandora Radio, SoundCloud, YouTube, AmazonPrime, GooglePlay or iTunes.

App Familiarity: Avatars feel comfortable using  the following services. Apple Pay, Venmo, Mint.com, Amazon.com, Google Maps, Siri, Google Talk, Cortana or Alexa. 

Age Range: Avatars are young professionals to seasoned professionals, ranging from ages 20 to mid or late 50's.

Interests: Podcasts, economic trends, deals, time efficiency, budgeting, career, education, NPR, 92.5, 95.3, 105.3, Aldi Super Market, Trader Joes, iPod's, satellite radio, Google or Apple music.

Transportation: Economy cars, european cars or scooters. 

Dining Preferences: Call ahead seating, reservations, quick service, business meetings, luncheons, networking, family, dating, special occasions.


Avatar Profiles

"Reservations Made Easy" 

  

"Ultimate Solution for Fast Casual Dining"


What do I have in common? Most things I do have in common with the avatar, however, I may not be as likely to be found on every social medium. What I have in common that aligns most with the avatar is the need for time efficiency, interests in economic trends and ways to save money. Although several apps go unrecognized, this idea is one that I felt many could benefit from in man market populations focusing on both restaurants needs and individual needs.

Do I think this is a coincidence? I do not think this is a coincidence, time and money are both highly valued resources limited by external controls that we face day to day in our individual lives and schedules. The concept came to me as I evaluated time and money solutions for areas of my own through the first few assignments of this class. Experimenting with this idea through the series of assignments in this class has given me an opportunity to understand my vision for the concept. I am confident that there are many like minded individuals out there who may face a common need but not have experimented with the idea and possible future venture concept.  

2 comments:

  1. It's really great that you were able to identify so much information about your customer avatar that was relevant to your business - I especially thought that it was smart to consider how technologically proficient your typical customer might be. One thing that I would recommend is that you narrow down your age range, in fact it seems that to some degree the aspects that you've identified seem to correlate with the traits of people from the ages of 20-30. I only mention this because I personally do not see seasoned professionals in the age range of 30-50 making use of your service, mainly because I do not see them using things such as Venmo or Mint. It might be more useful to target a younger audience, particularly because younger people typically jump at the chance to do something more easily using already available technology - some examples include services such as Uber, Venmo, and iTunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natali,
    you provided a lot of information about your customer avatar. Thinking about the different hobbies and interests that your customer avatar has allows you to know your customer better and cater to their needs.I think that your target customer is perfect considering the service that you are offering. I'm 22, I use Venmo, and I live in a rural area, but when I do go out to eat I would use an app like this. I can't speak for people in their 30s-50s, but I would definitely use the app for a faster dining experience. Great job overall on your avatar!
    Brandi Gibbs

    ReplyDelete